Monday, June 25, 2012

Garnier BB Cream - Review


I was so stoked to hear that cosmetic companies were starting to make their own versions of the BB cream. I've heard so many things about them that got me really excited. It was said that you can basically get rid of a couple other face creams, foundations, concealers & just using this alone. Could it be?! A miracle cream?! You're probably wondering what the heck im raving on about, here's a tidbit. The original BB cream was created in Germany but the craze really started in Asia where it was said to be the secret to Korean actresses beautiful skin. It soon became popular on YouTube with the goings on about these creams for months before Garnier launched the first drugstore version. BB stands for Blemish Balm, (or beauty balm) there have been many variations made, some are said to have skin lightening properties, some are anti-wrinkle, some anti-acne. What Garnier are claiming to offer is a sun block and moisturiser that evens skin tone, boosts glow, blurs imperfections and smooths fine lines all in one wonderful tube. Sounds like a miracle cream to me!
I picked one up while perusing the Shoprite cosmetic aisle. No shame from where I buy my products, hush! I believe SR has higher prices on cosmetics compared to a Face Value (Harmons) or Walmart so I'm going to say this is probably about $12. There are 2 versions made, Light & Medium. Obv, I have the medium. I wanna say my face is pale but its really just uneven color. I also still deal with acne & blemishes since I cant keep my hands off my face. On top of all that, I have the worse of the worse, combination skin. I can be oily & dry at the same time especially during the winter. Ugh, fml. Anywho, I started off with a freshly washed, patted dry face. I used my fingers to spread it on like a regular cream.
Pros:
  • The consistency is thick like foundation, which I personally like.
  • I noticed it I didn't need much for the whole face & it spread well. So I'm sure it will last awhile.
  • It totally evened out my skin tone.
  • Feels nice like a moisturizer, I probably don't need to put any on beforehand.
  • I can definitely use this as a foundation since it very light-weight.
  • Minimized my blemishes
Cons:
  • It rubs off on my mobile & my office phone Smiley
  • It was a little greasy. So I set it with powder using a buffing brush.
So, I use it just about everyday. I really do love it! Of course I would love to try others & compare but it does what it's supposed to.


x ♥ x ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love & appreciate comments! Mahalo ♥

For booking pls email me at DWTPxoxo@Gmail.com with the subject: Make Me Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...